Sunday, October 23, 2011

An Open Letter to You



where I've been -- 

So a few (if any) of you might've been wondering why the posts have been abruptly lacking as of late. I wrote during the beginning of the summer that I will be spending a lot of time traveling and enjoying the simple pleasures of this very relaxing season via sun, water, and good company. As it came to an end and fall slowly approaches, I found myself in such a deep of a funk that I was left completely uninspired to do anything at all. So what did I do? Tell me that fashion is at least in there somewhere! Of course fashion was still completely 100% involved. I immersed myself in books (fashion photography, fashion history, and classic literature like Truman Capote's Breakfast at Tiffany's) watched a lot of movies especially with the help of Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly (just think of all the Hepburn classics and Rear Window) took a lot of pictures (film via my instax and digital) and listened to a lot of music that made me dance, that made me happy and sad, oh and a lot of Brigitte Bardot. And of course keeping up with my monthly glossy favorites (Vogue and Teen Vogue have been producing a lot of great issues) I guess I was trying to find myself in the thick of it all -- the present, the future, my reality, hopes, dreams and fantasies -- it's very easy to get overwhelmed and find yourself lost. The truth is, I'm such a dreamer. I've always envisioned something greater for myself and life is full of unavoidable letdowns and disappointments. What's more is that running a personal fashion blog takes a lot of work and dedication and a hybrid of fashion enthusiast and blogger like myself can't be running on empty, or else the posts would be terrible.  As cryptic as all of that may sound -- no matter -- fashion is still the only thing that makes sense. Just know that I'm still here and thank you for all the support. 

KB

No comments:

Post a Comment