Wednesday, February 1, 2012

25 Days of Style: a Fashion Blog series -- Day 22


     Day 22 and I'm still a bit elated from all of the birthday celebrations yesterday (and these past two weeks really.) I feel incredibly blessed to have such amazing friends and family. So my first day being twenty-five and I'm in the mood for something very relaxed and effortless, but with a touch of an on-trend accessory. And what's more effortless than a comfy knit sweater in a bright blue hue, my favorite pair of black skinnies, and black wedge booties? As for the on-trend accessory, my latest jewelry find is this black lace bib necklace that's totally fabulous and even possible to make yourself (a DIY Fashion Blog perhaps?

     If you read as many style books as I do, investing in a lot of accessories and costume jewelry is the style advise that you often read about when the issue of having a limited budget arises. Obviously not all of us can afford all of the pieces fresh off the runway, but as trends trickle down to the department stores, a lot of the looks, especially the accessories, almost always show up at the nearest jewelry rack near you. Aside from being so versatile, jewelry and accessories are relatively inexpensive (thank you Coco Chanel for popularizing costume jewelry!) and every woman can wear them! Not only are they completely affordable, but they also complete the outfit and add a little something to an otherwise simple look. Any store that sells women's apparel almost always sells jewelry and other accessories which happens to be one of my favorite things to do while shopping. Finding a unique jewelry finds in these stores is my absolute favorite. And since these are costume jewelry (the price that you've paid for them should suggest at the quality of how it's made and what it's made out of) just be cautious at the amount of nickel that's in them in case you have a certain sensitivity to such substances. 

     As for my other accessory, what do you think of my new Cambridge satchel??! Yes, it was birthday gift! And I'm already absolutely obsessed with it! I've always wanted to invest in a good sized leather satchel that can carry a lot of my day to day essentials as well as travel necessities (like my Instax camera, Flip cam, digital camera, travel sized sketch pad, and sunnies.) And it was this travel aspect which inspired me to create the unique name card, which also has my personal information on the back. Before it was a major film, Breakfast at Tiffany's was a short story written by Truman Capote and if you've read it, then you should know what I'm talking about! 

Love, KB














cobalt blue sweater by American Eagle
black skinny jeans by BDG -- Urban Outfitters 
black lace bib necklace by Forever 21 
black suede booties by Steve Madden
satchel by Cambridge Satchel Company 

No comments:

Post a Comment