Tuesday, January 31, 2012

2012 SAG Awards



1. Michelle Williams in Valentino 

     This past Sunday the 18th Annual SAG (Screen Actors Guild) Awards took place. Compared to the Golden Globes and the Oscars, the SAG awards is a bit more low key and relaxed, because this is an award show that's solely based on their peers. I believe TBS's advertising logo for the event is Actors celebrating Actors celebrating Acting. But nonetheless, the ladies of Hollywood, without disappointment came out to leave a lasting impression. My favorite look of the night however has to be Michelle Williams in a red Valentino. How appropriate right? If you're going to wear Valentino, why not choose a gown in a color that's he's so famously known for. The lace detailing on the shoulders which spreads to the back is just divine, and even though I've been saying this since she got that haircut, no one can pull off that pixie cut better than she can. Even though she didn't win the Best Actress award for her role as Marilyn Monroe in My Week with Marilyn, she was the clear winner for the best dressed in my fashion book. The rest of my favorite looks are as follows:




2. Emily Blunt in Oscar de la Renta 
Such a beautiful jewel tone-green and super sexy leg slit! The Twitterverse was buzzing about this dress and how could you not love it let alone Emily Blunt?



3. Emma Stone in Alexander McQueen
Take notice my little fashionistas, tea length/midi skirts and dresses are going to be making a comeback and this McQueen dress is the perfect start (despite the fact that Tina Fey tried to get the ball rolling with this hem length a couple of award seasons back



4. Kristin Wiig in Balenciaga 
The moment I saw her on the red carpet, I believe my first words were, Holy What the Choker? I guess it took some getting used to, because after a while, I actually didn't mind the choker, but I think it had a lot to do with the fact of how well the dress fits her body and how the styling of her hair and make up makes up for it (and I love her as a brunette btw


5. Rose Byrne in Elie Saab
Before she was that snooty girl in Bridesmaids, I first became familiar with Rose Byrne through a little movie called Wicker Park where she played a complete psycho-of-a-neighbor. But at least her taste in fashion is not as crazy. I think this Elie Saab jumpsuit is so modern and fashion forward and suits her perfectly. If you're going to wear pants at an award show, might as well a jumpsuit as chic as this one. But I bet you're going to be regretting the choice once you need to use the ladies room. 


6. Sofia Vergara in Marchesa 
Over the past few award shows, Sofia Vergara has finally rubbed off on me. Even though I've seen her in this silhouette so many times before, I think it's perfect for her because it highlights her assets very well. She still needs help pronouncing her A's and E's but I think that's what I love about her. 


7. Natalie Portman in Giambattista Valli 
I didn't see Natalie Portman on the red carpet, but once she stepped out to present, her Giambattista Valli dress confirmed my beliefs about her love for deep red/wine/purple gowns. Remember all of her red carpet looks last year? She wore a Rodarte gown (how fitting) in a similar, but brighter hue when she received her first Academy Award for Best Actress. 


8. Kailey Cuoco in Romona Keveza 
The red carpet commentary on this dress was mixed, but I personally love it. Sweetheart necklines -- love. Pastel colors -- love. Explosion of ruffles on the skirt -- double love (and milkmaid braid -- adorable!) Kind of reminds of a Monique Lhuillier frock, but Romona Keveza is definitely a label that everyone is going to start hearing often on the red carpet for the years to come. 


9. Viola Davis in Marchesa
Marchesa -- Need  I say more? But I do love this Marchesa dress on Viola Davis. Not only does it fit her well, but the styling of the entire look is also perfect with the right kind and right amount of accessories. Congrats on the Best Actress award for The Help! I still need to watch it.  


10. Jayma Maysin Reem Acra 
Before she was that teacher on Glee she was that girl I loathed the most on Ugly Betty (Betty and Henry belonged together) but T.V. grudges aside, I think this shimmery Reem Acra with the lace sheathe detailing in the back is actually quite beautiful.      


Love, KB

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.
    Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Tom cam!!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you all, The best thing that has ever happened in my life, is how i worn the Powerball lottery. I do believe that someday i will win the Powerball lottery. finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr. OSE and tell him i needed the lottery winning special numbers cause i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy with the help of Dr. OSE, until the day i meant the spell caster testimony online, which a lot of people has talked about that he is very powerful and has great powers in casting lottery spell, so i decided to give it a try. I emailed Dr. OSE and he did a spell and gave me the winning lottery special numbers 62, and co-incidentally I have be playing this same number for the past 23years without any winning, But believe me when I play the special number 62 this time and the draws were out i was the mega winner because the special 62 matched all five white-ball numbers as well as the Powerball, in the April 4 drawing to win the $70 million jackpot prize...… Dr. OSE, truly you are the best, with Dr. OSE you can will millions of money through lottery. i am a living testimony and so very happy i meant him, and i will forever be grateful to him...… you can Email him for your own winning special lottery numbers now oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com OR WHATSAPP him +2348136482342

    ReplyDelete