Wednesday, January 11, 2012

25 Days of Style: a Fashion Blog series -- Day 1


     So for the first installment of my 25 days of style, I thought I'd take it slow and easy and go very basic. I was really excited when I bought this Missoni for Target dress (sadly the only piece that I could get my hands on when the collection was released in the stores -- curse you eBay resellers) but for a some time I was quite stumped as to how I would style it. First off, the print of the dress is so beautiful, but very dominant/overpowering so it's very easy to over-style it -- please avoid looking like a circus tent complete with all the trinkets. So how do you go about styling a loud, printed dress?? By muting everything else down! You can do this by opting for neutrals -- think black, white, nude etc. So for this look I just went for black-black-black -- you can never go wrong with black! I paired the dress with black opaque tights, black wedge booties, black cape coat, and a black beret (with a bow!) Tres chic, yes? I'm 5'0" so by pairing black tights with black booties, I've created the illusion that my legs are milesssss long. Who doesn't want to look taller??! On the other hand (literally) instead of opting for a printed or basic black bag I decided to go with my metallic Marc by Marc Jacobs classic Q handbag for a little sparkle and subtle hint of color. Besides, I didn't want my purse to blend in my already dark and black base. So lesson learned -- let the loud printed dress speak for itself and become the statement piece of your ensemble -- so accessorize by styling everything else down. Easy right? 

p.s. Didn't have the time & woman power to do an outdoor shoot for today, but expect much clearer sets next time. Hope I didn't look too terrible on my first me,myself,&I blog session. *Sigh, not a big fan of narcism. I prefer to be on the other side of the lens. 

Love, KB



dress by Missoni for Target 
cape coat by Banana Republic 
wedge booties by Steve Madden
opaque tights by Express 
handbag by Marc by Marc Jacobs 
wayfarers by Ray-Ban
black beret 
iPhone 4 case by DVF - Dian Von Furstenberg


Have Instagram? Come Follow Us! 
kdb06e 





1 comment:

  1. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS

    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called DR EMU, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of DR EMU, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Contact him via email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What's app +2347012841542
    Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete