Tuesday, January 31, 2012

25 Days of Style: a Fashion Blog series -- Day 21



     Day 21 and the day that I've been dreading since entering my adulthood is here -- My 25th birthday. Don't get me wrong, looking old is the least of my problems -- I look like a sixteen year old teenage girl. I just feel like there's so much that I still want to do and feel like I'm running out of time (eep!) But nonetheless, this is a happy occasion, because I love birthdays (especially when it's mine! lol.) I've been showered with great gifts and company from the past week and I couldn't help but feel like I'm the luckiest person in the world, even without all of the presents. I have an amazing family and sister, great friends, and a beyond wonderful best friend who simultaneously act as my significant other. And since today is my birthday, let me make this blog post brief so I can get back to celebrating and feeling old. 

     Here's my style advice on birthday outfits: wear ANYTHING that makes you feel pretty, happy, and or sexy. My red 25th birthday dress is very modest Kate Middleton in the front, but very va-va-voom sexy with its bare back. However, I still feel it's the right balance of class, intrigue, and provocativeness (just plan accordingly when wearing bare/open back styles if you know what I mean. We don't want those things poking out when it gets chilly.) For a little bit of sparkle (because every girl needs a little sparkle on her birthday!), I've opted for my favorite investment buy of the month which this crystal collar necklace. And for a touch of simplicity, since the dress and choice of accessory is so loud, I've chosen my favorite black suede pumps. Birthdays is the perfect time to wear whatever fancies you, because the day is about you after all. Where what you want, let your hair down, and have lots of fun. This is even the day to have fun with your make-up and nail polish! Glitter? Go for it! Today really gives true meaning to it's my party and I'll cry if I want to (hopefully no genuine tears of sadness!) Oh, and off to eat cake too! I wish someone really did make me that Chanel cake. But I don't know if I'll be able have the heart to destroy something so prettyyyyy. 

Love, KB
















dress by Zara 
black suede pumps by Steve Madden
poplin/peter pan collar necklace by BCBG

No comments:

Post a Comment