Wednesday, January 25, 2012

25 Days of Style: a Fashion Blog series -- Day 15


    It’s Day 15 and also Fashion Blog’s 1 Year Anniversary! I started this blog as a creative outlet for my adoration of style and fashion and that remains the same up to this day. Every time I'm feeling inspired or find, see, or read something wonderful and worth sharing, writing a blog post is always my first instinctual move. I mean, it's what this multi-billion dollar industry is about anyway, right? Sharing to the world the beauty and art that is fashion. I've been incredibly blessed at the the kind of positive feedback and support that I've received through this blog. One year later and thousands and thousands of readers from different parts of the world, I can't help but feel so small, yet so connected to people most to which I've never even met. I once read in a fashion book (can't recall which one, I've read so many) that the business of fashion is definitely not as important as curing cancer, but at least it makes this world we live in a little more beautiful

     And since I’m in such a celebratory mood this morning, I think this occasion calls for a little sparkle and what better way to do just that than sequins! There’s a common misconception that sequined frocks or anything that sparkles is reserved for the holidays (like New Years Eve and Christmas) but it’s also great for fun instances like birthdays or any celebratory occasions where the music is hopping and the champagne is flowing (did I just say hopping?) Today’s ensemble is the quintessential day to night transitional outfit with the base of the look revolving around this sequined dress by Free People.

     First of all, it may not seem like it at first glance but this dress is very sheer. So even if I do layer other clothing on top of it, I have to make sure that my derriere is covered (pun intended.) This problem can be easily solved by wearing a slip either with a similar or shorter length, preferably in a dark or neutral color. Which brings me to a very important fashion offense that needs to stop – camera exposed intimates. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen pictures of my friends on Facebook with their intimates blatantly exposed because of a camera’s flash. (It's usually the girl wearing a black jersey knit dress or top and a white bra underneath. Yikes!) If you’re wearing something sheer and to top it off, light undergarments underneath, it’s going to say hello to everyone on your Facebook friends list as soon as you upload those pictures. I’m glad that everyone is at least wearing them, but please, exercise some caution and either wear black intimates or a slip. Black is your best bet when it comes to protecting against those pesky paparazzi flashes (okay, maybe not paparazzi, but you get the idea.)

     I actually bought this dress online for my twenty-third birthday and was as equally surprised at how sheer it was. But nothing a slip can’t solve and a layer of garment or two. And since the dress is too party-party on its own to wear during the day (it looks like a disco ball for goodness sake) I wore a chambray shirt over it along with a long and black tuxedo blazer. So when the sun sets, you can easily just take off the chambray shirt and blazer, switch your daytime bag for a clutch (that has been cleverly stored inside the daytime tote) put your hair up in a top knot bun, add a jewelry or two, spruce up your make-up and you’re ready for after-work drinks! And bonus points -- the blazer can double as a coat as the temperature drops at night. Someone once told me that a lady, and a stylish one at that, never changes more than once during a day. And besides, who has that kind of time in this fast paced world that we live in anyway?

p.s. I feel like anniversaries like this one needs balloons which reminds me of that scene with Audrey Hepburn in the movie Funny Face as Jo Stockton in front of the Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel in Paris! 

Love, KB












sequin dress by Free People
chambray shirt by Banana Republic
black tuxedo blazer by BCBGeneration 
black opaque tights by Express
black suede pumps by Steve Madden 

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS

    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called DR EMU, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of DR EMU, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Contact him via email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What's app +2347012841542
    Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete