Thursday, January 12, 2012

25 Days of Style: a Fashion Blog series -- Day 2



     So I'm pretty excited about today's style series because it incorporates one of my favorite fashion techniques -- layering! And what better way to introduce this segment than by working with some of my favorite elements florals, lace, & seersucker! What I love about today's look is that the color palette is so soft that I'm able to play around with different patterns and ranges of hues. 

     The base of the look started with this long sleeve floral shirt that I got from J. Crew a couple of years ago. I immediately fell in love with the print (it's floral, need I say more?) but the problem is that the shirt is a size too big. The shirt on its own is a tad dowdy and shapeless even after accessorizing. So to solve this dilemma, I've layered the floral shirt under a camel/nude crewneck sweater to give it a little bit of dimension. And to solve the difference in sleeve lengths, I folded the floral shirt to the elbow to meet the 3/4 length of the sweater -- I think this adds a personal touch and a much relaxed look. 

     But enough with these fashion technicalities, let's get to the good stuff. I, more than anyone else, love a good winter short, and what's more -- lace shorts??! The camel sweater pairs beautifully with the cream shorts and the contrast of textures that it creates is a match made in fashion closet. And of course, only in Florida can you get away with wearing shorts in January (total fail.) And if you learned anything from this month's current craving, I'm in love with bejeweled and embellished collars. I lovelovelove bib and ribbon necklaces so you can only imagine my excitement when I found this little gem (pun intended.) And as mentioned before, since the color palette of this look is so soft, I had the freedom to play around with other colors and patterns, so I thought my seersucker oxfords were perfect for the look. If the temperature outside was a lot cooler than the low 70s, I can easily opt for opaque tights, ballet flats, and a long winter coat. That's the fun part about fashion -- the endless possibilities of mixing and matching. 

p.s. Did you catch the unwanted cameo? lol 

Love, KB






floral long sleeve shirt by J. Crew
crewneck sweater by Sparkle & Fade -- Urban Outfitters 
lace shorts by Kimchi Blue -- Urban Outfitters 
bib necklace by Natasha 
oxfords by Steve Madden
handbag by Gucci 
wayfarers by Ray-Ban
pearl earrings


2 comments:

  1. My name is Tom cam!!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you all, The best thing that has ever happened in my life, is how i worn the Powerball lottery. I do believe that someday i will win the Powerball lottery. finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr. OSE and tell him i needed the lottery winning special numbers cause i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy with the help of Dr. OSE, until the day i meant the spell caster testimony online, which a lot of people has talked about that he is very powerful and has great powers in casting lottery spell, so i decided to give it a try. I emailed Dr. OSE and he did a spell and gave me the winning lottery special numbers 62, and co-incidentally I have be playing this same number for the past 23years without any winning, But believe me when I play the special number 62 this time and the draws were out i was the mega winner because the special 62 matched all five white-ball numbers as well as the Powerball, in the April 4 drawing to win the $70 million jackpot prize...… Dr. OSE, truly you are the best, with Dr. OSE you can will millions of money through lottery. i am a living testimony and so very happy i meant him, and i will forever be grateful to him...… you can Email him for your own winning special lottery numbers now oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com OR WHATSAPP him +2348136482342

    ReplyDelete
  2. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS

    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called DR EMU, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of DR EMU, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Contact him via email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What's app +2347012841542
    Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete