Monday, February 27, 2012

2012 Oscars -- The Academy Awards


1. Kristen Wiig in J. Mendel

     So due to a wedding I attended this past weekend, I missed the red carpet  to this year's Oscars. But thanks to today's technology (ie the internet, smart phones, and red carpet apps) and loyal friends who were kind enough to send me picture texts of the event via their home televisions, I was able to keep up with all of the red carpet fashion in the comfort of the passenger seat. And I must say, it was a close call between Kristen, Michelle, and Emma as my favorites. But in the end, I decided to name my ultimate girl crush and funny girl, Kristen Wiig, as my favorite red carpet look of the night. The entire look -- from the gown, to the hair, and minimal accessories -- was so flawless. She was stunning and looked so elegant. You know that I'm a sucker for tulle and strapless, sweetheart necklines, but I think that this dress suits her perfectly. She definitely redeemed herself from that choker incident in the SAG awards. 





2. Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton



3. Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli



4. Rose Byrne in Vivienne Westwood 



5. Rooney Mara in Givenchy



6. Maya Rudolph in Johanna Johnson 


7. Penelope Cruz in Giorgio Armani   



8. Cameron Diaz in Gucci Premiere



 9. Natalie Portman in Dior


10. Georgina Chapman (of course) in Marchesa 


Love, KB

4 comments:

  1. you should totally enter lauren conrad's fashion blog contest. here's the link: http://www.laurenconrad.com/post/save-the-date-blogger-contest-announcement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Danielle Oram
      1.) Thank you for the heads up on this! Didn't get a chance to catch it on LC.com! I'll definitely look into it and hopefully enter =]
      2.) You're the best cheerleader ever! You have such great support for me and this blog
      3.) You're a great friend =] miss you!

      Delete
    2. (1) you're more than welcome for the heads up!
      (2) I can tell you're really passionate about fashion and I will root for anyone and their passion!
      (3) I try my best :) I miss you too!!

      Delete
    3. Thank you! I really am very serious and passionate about this. I've finally figured out what I want to do with my life and everything about this feels right and natural and hopefully I get to have my dream job =] thanks again for all the love and support!

      Delete