Monday, November 12, 2012

Current Craving: Romanticism



     As cynical and sarcastic as I am, I'm a total romantic at heart. I still cry to the endings of romantic comedies (The Five Year Engagement was the latest culprit) and listen to songs that just melts and breaks my heart (Taylor Swift's new album RED is currently on repeat on my iPod.) And as the holiday season quickly approaches I'm beginning to put together my holiday ensembles -- from Thanksgiving, Christmas parties, Christmas, New Years Eve, and everything in between -- I only had one theme in mind: Romanticism. I've always believed that there is something very romantic about the holidays *cue Love is All Around you from Love Actually. I found this beautiful gold brocade-like dress for Christmas and I didn't have to look far for styling inspirations because it's so easy to be inspired this time of the year. The dress is such a statement piece (flowers of gold embroidered on bronze-dappled black mesh with a back cutout) that I want to keep everything very minimal and simple with the exception of a fantastic headpiece. There is nothing I hate more than knowing exactly what I want and not being able to find it anywhere. And then a lightbulb lit up in my head and remembered those celestial star headpieces in the Rodarte F/W 2012 runway show that everyone was raving about (almost more than the clothes!) PERFECT! But now where to get them? Thanks to the age and rage of DIY tutorials on the internet I found the solution to my styling problems with a simple Google search and came across this fantastic video by Refinery29. Now all I need is a chic updo and a red pout and I'm ready to celebrate one of my favorite holidays. Only snow would make this moment truly romantic.  

Love, KB

No comments:

Post a Comment