Thursday, February 17, 2011

Magazine Covergirl: NYLON -- Leighton Meester (February 2011)


     I absolutely love Blair Waldorf -- the bow headband on her hair, the Prada on her feet, and the scheme of sabotage on her mind. She's the type of dictator that you can't help but cheer for. But Leighton Meester, surprisingly enough, is nothing like Queen B. Sure she appreciates good designer labels like Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Proenza Schouler, Dior, Celine, and Prada, but she actually prefers light hair and make up on any given day and even admits that she wouldn't actually make the same vicious choices as her character in Gossip Girl, as revealed by her cover story in this February issue of NYLON magazine. 


     Gossip Girl made Leighton a household name, but she is actually quite the chameleon. Her extremely different roles in her upcoming movies like Country Strong with Gwyneth Paltrow and The Roommate with Minka Kelly, both of which are in theaters now, proves that versatility. And what's more, Missoni just made her the new face of their Spring 2011 campaign -- which is something she is very familiar with since she actually started off by being spotted by a talent agent, which ultimately landed her in a Ralph Lauren campaign when she was only 11 years old!




Dress by Asos
Shoes by Belle by Sigerson Morrison
Tights by Falke
Flower by Marc Jacobs
Sunglasses by House of Harlow 1960
 
     For this February NYLON shoot, which was shot in NYC and styled by the senior fashion editor, Michelle Reneau, Leighton ditched her Gossip Girl collegiate ensemble for something more edgy and eclectic. I absolutely DIE for the golden yellow Chole' dress and tweed Chanel vest ensemble, cinched with a belt and paired with a vintage Chanel necklace and Fendi bracelets. And the fact that it was styled with boots instead of heels makes it even more rock n' roll. Such unexpected twist makes it even look better. I think the proper term is glam-rock.  I love the pop of colors in each shot. It takes away the gloomy mood of the winter season and openly welcomes spring. And you know how much I love color. Oh, and Chanel. Oh how I love Chanel. 

Top by Erdem
Denim Shorts by Diesel
Black and White Shorts by Rag & Bone 
Dress by Chloe'
Vest by Chanel
Belt by mm6 Maison Martin Margiela
Necklace vintage Chanel
Bracelets by Fendi
Boots by Frye
Bandeau Top by Marc Jacobs
Skirt by Prada
Necklace by Aurelie Bidermann
Belt by Stella McCartney 
Flower Brooch by Dori Csengeri 
Love, KB

1 comment:

  1. Sincerely i was so crushed when my wife left me and moved to Texas to be with another man. The pains was just too much for me to bear that I couldn't just bear it anymore. I traveled to greet my friend and his family during Christmas celebration then i explained to him, how my wife has abandon me and my children for a period of time and be with another man, and my friend told me about prophet ehiagwina the great spell caster who had helped him in the past before, when i contacted him with his email via prophetehiagwina@gmail.com i explain to him, how my wife has been with another man for two year now and that's the problem am facing in my marriage now and i need to end it by killing that man who took my wife spiritually, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week he died, he slept and never woke up, and truly my wife came back apologizing that she never knew what came over her my wife apologize to me and we are happy family now. all thanks to prophet ehiagwina you can contact PROPHET EHIAGWINA for any death spell, such as killing your superior in the office and take his or her place.spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him now via email prophetehiagwina@gmail.com or add him on whatsapp +2348139182295

    ReplyDelete