Emma Watson has definitely been a busy bee! Even though she had told the press that she will be taking some time off from attending Brown University to work on her current film projects (the last installment of the Harry Potter franchise as being one of them) she is still going to finish her undergraduate studies in the U.S. and get her Bacherlor's Degree. Aside from movies, she is also keeping very busy with other business and fashion related ventures such as Burberry, People Tree, being the new face of LANCOME and now, her Pure Threads collaboration with Alberta Ferretti. She announced on her Twitter page earlier last year ( December 2010) about this collaboration and the collection, which can only be purchased exclusively online, launched just a couple of weeks ago.
The idea behind the collection is very similar to the philosophy behind her People Tree collaboration which is clothing made out of organic fabrics and based on fair trade fashion. As a matter of fact, a portion of the proceeds made from this Emma Watson for Alberta Ferretti collaboration will be used to support the work of People Tree (click the link above to learn about Fair Trade Fashion.) The clothes in the collection are simple, but very on-trend and beautiful. I'm in
lovelovelove with the 70s inspired, long-boho skirt from the collection. Maxi dresses and long skirts are huge this season and I can't wait to style that ensemble with a bright floral top and my favorite jean jacket. So come take a look at the collection and read about the details of the separate pieces!
1. white dress -- White is the trend of the season...reinterpreted and made unique by the eco - lace inserts and the sartorial cuts.
2. black dress -- Fresh and light cotton and macramé lace dress inspired by Alberta Ferretti creations for the spring 2011.
3. white top -- Must have of the season, the white blouse with wide sleeves and lace details becomes a staple piece of the wardrobe.
4. denim shorts -- Lace embroideries applied by hand on a denim short reminds of Jane Birkin and her casual chic look.
5. maxi skirt -- A long and wide skirt that underlines the waist and makes the figure fluid. It expresses the hippie chic echo of the Seventies and becomes a trendy piece for the new season.