Monday, May 16, 2011

Fashion Heads Up: Missoni for Target

     I was in a BCBG store a couple of months ago and while flipping through the racks, I came across two items that got me really excited: a short knit dress and oversized summer cardigan in a colorful and very familiar zig-zag print. When I tried on the clothes, the lady in the fitting room informed that the items that I've just picked out were new.  She was beyond excited when I told her how much it reminded me of the famous Missoni print. And in a very rare act of self control, I decided not to get either items. And on May 4, 2011 I knew I made the right decision. @TargetStyle on Twitter said three words that was more powerful than those three little words with 8 letters -- Missoni for Target. Needless to say, my heart was convulsing. More details surfaced moments later revealing that the collaboration will feature over 400 pieces, making it the largest designer collaboration in Target's history. The collection, which will be released on September 2011, will of course include that famous Missoni zig-zag pattern in the clothes and home goods. Yes, you read that correctly, the collection will also included home decor pieces! I'm having Liberty for London withdrawals already. But I think it's safe to say that  I definitely have no regrets from that missed shopping opportunity in BCBG. Why settle for something that looks like Missoni when I can get the real deal in a matter of months.



creative director Angela Missoni with daughters Margherita and  Teresa

Margherita Missoni (in charge of Missoni accessories)
with her grandparents and original founders of the label
Ottavio and Rosita Missoni



Love, KB

No comments:

Post a Comment