Monday, May 30, 2011

Video Obsession: Rosie Romantic Tutorial by The Beauty Department.com


     I was never that little girl who grew up playing with her mother's make-up while wearing strands and strands of her pearl necklaces and trying to maintain balance in her pink satin pumps. As a matter of fact, I was a bit of a tomboy in a dress while growing up. I didn't start wearing make-up until I was eighteen years old and even then I had to learn it all myself. I come from a family of naturals. Make-up was not part of the daily routine but only reserved for special occasions and womanhood. I have this very faint memory in my head of my mother putting on make up while she was getting ready for work. I thought it was something very glamorous, but never really had the need to rush into until I was well in my teens. 


     At twenty-four years old, I still hardly wear that much make-up at all. But on the rare days when I do, especially during the day, it's usually very light, just eyeliner and mascara. But now that I've been introduced to this wonderful and colorful world of make-up and the various ways I can still maintain that natural look, I'm hooked. This Rosie Romantic tutorial by Lauren Conrad's thebeautydepartment.com with her make up artist Amy Nadine is my absolute favorite. It encompasses all of my favorite elements -- a light and natural look and romanticism. And it's perfect for the summer season fast approaching. What I love about this tutorial is that it's very easy to do and it includes a lot of elements that make it very appropriate for a daytime look like brown eyeliner and mascara (as opposed to the heavy black) and tinted balm. My favorite tinted balm is Clinique's Chubby Stick which offers the same moisture as chapstick, but with color yet it's not as sticky or dramatic like lipgloss or lipstick, which is perfect for those hot summer days. Try it, I know you'll love it.


Here's how to achieve that Rosie Romantic look via The Beauty Department.com 

Tools: foundation, rosy cream blush, rosy lip balm, brown eye liner pencil, black mascara, foundation brush or sponge, and small flat concealer brush (or you can use your fingers)



(1)  Apply an even layer of foundation to your skin.
(2) Apply a rosy cream blush to the apples of your cheeks and blend with your finger tips.
(3) Apply a rosy lip balm to your lips.
(4) Line your lash line with a brown pencil and blend with your finger.
(5) Coat your top and bottom lashes with black mascara.


Love, KB

No comments:

Post a Comment