I love the classics. I love classic movies and books, heck, I even like to listen to classical music from time to time and some good oldies like Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole. And nothing is more timeless than the old Hollywood glam when it comes to make up. In this tutorial, by Lauren Conrad's TheBeautyDepartment.com, Lauren along with her make up artist, Amy Nadine shares with us how to achieve that perfect old Hollywood look. It's very simple to do, yet very sophisticated. I'm actually going to be attending a good friend's wedding this weekend and considering this timeless look. Try it! I know that you'll love it.
Here's how to achieve that Old Hollywood Glam via the BeautyDepartment.com
Tools: Foundation, foundation brush or sponge, translucent powder or light-weight powder, blush brush, bronzer, black liquid liner, black mascara, red lipstick
• Start by applying an even layer of foundation to your face being sure to cover any redness, blemishes or dark circles.
• Lightly dust your face with powder for a velvety finish.
• Comb through your brows and fill them in using a brown pencil one shade darker than your natural color.
• Sweep bronzing powder starting directly under your cheekbones, across your hair line and under your jaw line.
• Now apply black liquid liner to your lids and extend the line beyond the corner of your eye for added drama.
• Next apply two coats of black mascara.
• To complete the look, apply red lipstick.