Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fashion Ad Campaign Obsession: Chanel Spring/Summer 2011


     Have you picked up this month's latest issues of glossies and find yourself staring and mesmerized by the new Chanel spring/summer 2011 campaign ads?! I have! And I hope that I'm not alone with this one. As soon as you flip to the two-page spreads you notice Chanel's classic use of boucle', tweed, fur, and that iconic quilted chain handbag with the interlocking C's. I love the garden and greenery used in the campaign as it perfectly contrasts the drama and aesthetics of the new collection. Once I further investigated who was behind the art of these photographs, I soon found out that the campaign ads were actually shot by none other than the fashion house's resident designer and genius, Karl Lagerfeld. How fitting right?! The campaign ads which featured the Danish model Freja Beha Erichsen, British model Stella Tennant, and the French male model Baptiste Giabiconi were actually more placid and a bit more playful than usual seductive and mysterious ads often seen with fashion brands like Dolce and Gabbana and Gucci. Baptiste is definitely good looking, but I'm actually staring more at the clothes and accessories. Guess the appeal to the ad campaign is working, right? Come check out the rest of the ad campaign spreads! 

Love, KB









No comments:

Post a Comment